1. Il regolamento del Forum è stato ripristinato e aggiornato, lo puoi trovare in ogni momento in basso a destra cliccando su "Termini e Condizioni d'uso del sito". Ti preghiamo di leggerlo e di rispettarlo per mantenere il forum un luogo piacevole ed accogliente per tutti. Grazie!
    Chiudi

Ne Obliviscaris

Discussione in 'Progressive' iniziata da vlkodlak, 20 Ottobre 2016.

1. DiZ

DiZ
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

5 Febbraio 2017

Qui vengono spiegate le ragioni dello split con il bassista

2. Cordisco

Cordisco
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

9 Febbraio 2017

a quanto pare Brendan Brown più che carnefice , è vittima.avendo fatto sbagli in conseguenza a ciò che ha patito ok, ma non certo additabile di tali accuse.
    Mi chiedo se sia la cosa giusta averlo allontanato, per lui, che probabilmente come appiglio per uscire dalla sua situazione aveva NeObliviscaris, e per la band stessa, che allontana un elemento fondamentale per il sound avuto finora , netto e inconfondibile.difficilmente rimpiazzabile.
    inoltre mi viene in mente il momento buio di un altra band, i def leppard. di fronte all'incidente gravissimo del batterista, non hanno pensato a sostituirlo.ma hanno congelato tutto fino alla sua "guarigione". e poi sono ripartiti tutti insieme, con un batterista con un braccio in meno!! forse era meglio fermarsi per un po', far uscire Brendan dal pantano e ripartire.

3. DiZ

DiZ
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

9 Febbraio 2017

Evidentemente fermarsi va contro gli interessi stessi della band visto che hanno abbandonato il loro lavori per proseguire nel progetto. Brendan è chiaramente poco stabile se lui stesso ammette di aver bisogno di aiuto e non ha opposto resistenza al suo allontanamento dalla band.

4. Shide

Shide
    Expand Collapse
    The Morrigan

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

10 Febbraio 2017

Brendan , su Instagram, ha spiegato bene tutto..
    Brendan Brown
    4 febbraio alle ore 13:24 ·
    Brendan “Cygnus” Brown
    STATEMENT
    4 February 2017

I have many regrets in life, but if there is ongoing pain and suffering caused because of my past behaviour towards anybody, man or woman, this would be my greatest.

It is only now after Ne Obliviscaris have kicked me out that I fully realize the extent of damage I have caused to people over the years and how badly I need to get help to get my life back on track. I understand this will be a long path of redemption. I still have a lot of demons to overcome.

Having grown up in a severely abusive household, I have long struggled with the long-term psychological ramifications that follow maltreatment which at times has lead me down dark paths with drug and alcohol abuse. There is nothing that I would rather seek to prevent than for those same horrendous experiences to be pushed onto another individual. As a child I was physically and sexually abused by my mother Linda Brown and other members of our family. This is something I have only told in private to psychologists and those very close to me such as my girlfriends at the time. As my entire life is completely under scrutiny by members of the public I have no choice but to set the record straight if I have any chance at redeeming myself. After enduring over a decade of severe abuse I finally stood up for myself and during an altercation with my Mother and I attacked her back knocking her down which lead to her hitting her head on the concrete as she fell. I attended court for recklessly causing injury and pleaded guilty. I told the police and court as to why I retaliated to her attack instead of walking away. I was not convicted and a family restraining order was put in place so I could not go anywhere near the property nor could I get my possessions.
    During this time I stayed on Tim Charles couch and he attended court with me for support. He is in no way involved with this matter other than being a pillar of support at the time which I am forever grateful for. I also want to add that in no way was the band aware of any other incidents or altercations in any way. I have not spoken to my mother since the incident in 2010, despite her numerous attempts to message me and harass members of my band. She attempted to attend one of my concerts at the Espy and made snide remarks towards my girlfriend Rachel, and I told security to keep her away from me. I will gladly release the full police statements if anybody doubts this.

I state unequivocally and on record that this is the only time I have been involved with the police for claims of domestic violence. For the absence of doubt, I will continue to condemn any form of domestic violence and violence in general. I deeply apologise to anyone I have ever negatively affected through my past actions and acid tongue. I have long struggled with Bipolar disorder and ADHD and I often go from heights of mania and productiveness to absolute crashing self destructive lows where I will lock myself away in my dark room for weeks at a time pushing everyone close to me away. I am currently on medication for these conditions and involved in counselling, but this was not always the case. In the past I have battled addictions with numerous illicit substances which combined with mental health disorders have made me an unpredictable character at times, and I have lashed out at people close to me both physically and verbally. I am deeply sorry to anybody that has been victim to this inexcusable behaviour.
    If anyone is a victim of domestic abuse please speak to someone and go to the Police immediately. Do the right thing and speak to authorities and have it dealt with in the court of law at the time. The authorities are there to help and take these matters very seriously. You can also call 1800737732 and visit whiteribbon.org.au. As for drug abuse contact 1800888236. They have been very helpful to me in the past.

I am immeasurably grateful to have a loving partner who is both supportive and comforting during this trying period and I similarly appreciate the hundreds of messages of support from my friends and fans worldwide. It is your words that gave me strength to persevere and seek professional help so I do not relapse during this trialling time and continue to hurt people and hurt myself.
    For the last thirteen years I have lived and breathed through Ne Obliviscaris. It’s the only thing that has given me solace and helped me deal with my past. A platform to inspire others. I have participated in multiple world tours and played hundreds of shows to thousands of fans and broken many boundaries with Crowdfunding and Patreon subscriptions. These are memories I will forever cherish. I do not regret a single moment I shared with the band. I have made fans and friends worldwide and met so many of my personal heroes along the way. I live for music and will continue to do so with many more personal and solo projects to come in the years ahead. I will not allow for this to ruin all that I have worked hard for as a musician and will continue to be kind and supportive to others, rebuild trust with those who I have disrespected and most importantly work on myself to be the best person I can be and seek further counselling and therapy. This experience has taught me the true value of family, friendship and faith.

I wish the band all the best for their future endeavours and I will be following from afar, hopefully our paths will cross again soon.

Yours faithfully
    Brendan “Cygnus” Brown

5. Shide

Shide
    Expand Collapse
    The Morrigan

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

10 Febbraio 2017

Sindrome bipolare, in passato droga e alcool, ho visto anche che da poco si era lasciato con Rachel, la sua ragazza fino a pochi mesi fa ( li seguo su Instagram, ora ha un'altra ragazza) per i suoi seri problemi. Alla fine, penso sia stata una "separazione consensuale", ha riconosciuto lui stesso che si deve curare.. Mah, può essere che tra un po', se starà meglio, torni coi Ne Obliviscaris. Certo che per la band è una tegola, perchè lui è bravissimo e i suoi suoni e il suo apporto sono/erano veramente eccelsi.

6. Cordisco

Cordisco
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

25 Luglio 2017

...sto guardando alcuni video su youtube delle audizioni...
    ...sono abbastanza preoccupato...

7. Azpuna

Azpuna
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

26 Luglio 2017

Fresca di rilascio..ma mi sorge una domanda (magari pure sciocca), al basso chi hanno messo?:lookaround:

8. DiZ

DiZ
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

26 Luglio 2017

Il nuovo pezzo è buono però troppo Tecno Death, troppo Citadel, troppo standard. Se tutto il nuovo album sarà cosi vuol dire che si sono adagiati sugli allori.

Mi sa che i superbi riff di Portal of I non li sentiremo più:sad:

9. Aru10

Aru10
    Expand Collapse
    Vinyl Junkie

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

26 Luglio 2017

Mbo a me sembra un sacco overproduced, il pezzo non è male

10. DiZ

DiZ
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

26 Luglio 2017

Sempre stati molto plasticoni

11. dreamwarrior

dreamwarrior
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

26 Luglio 2017

il basso è sempre in evidenza.

12. giova

giova
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

26 Luglio 2017

Ne facessero un altro come citadel!

13. dreamwarrior

dreamwarrior
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

26 Luglio 2017

A me sembra una gran figata questo brano e il nuovo bassista non sfigura affatto.

14. Cordisco

Cordisco
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

27 Luglio 2017

non l'ha registrato il nuovo bassista
    nel disco ha suonato Robin Zielhorst ex cynic.
    per il nuovo bassista stanno vagliando i video delle audizioni, e almeno da quanto ho visto io pubblicato su youtube c'e' solo un ammmericano secondo me all'altezza, gli altri o fuori timing o imprecisi, insomma non all'altezza del bravissimo cygnus

15. Quintus Horatius

Quintus Horatius
    Expand Collapse

"Mi Piace" ricevuti:

28 Luglio 2017

Condividi questa Pagina